Slave Lake, Ab Climate & Temperature
- Slave Lake, Ab, Canada is at 55°17'N, 114°46'W, 583 m (1912 ft). See map.
- Slave Lake, Ab has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Slave Lake, Ab is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 1.5 degrees Celsius (34.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 30.3 °C (54.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -8.1°C (17.4°F) on average falling to -18.5°C (-1.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.6°C (47.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -3.7°C (25.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20.3°C (68.5°F) and average low temperatures are 8.8°C (47.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 7.3°C (45.1°F) during the day and lows of -2.9°C (26.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 496 mm (19.5 inches) which is equivalent to 496 Litres/m² (12.17 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Slave Lake, Ab you would come out nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Slave Lake, Ab Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Slave Lake, Ab Climate Graph in Metric Units
Slave Lake, Ab Climograph in English Units
Climate of Slave Lake, Ab, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- High Level, Ab, Canada - 397.4 kms (246.9 miles) NNW
- Fort Vermilion, Alberta, Canada - 352.2 kms (218.9 miles) NNW
- Fort St John, Bc, Canada - 387.4 kms (240.7 miles) WNW
- Peace River, Ab, Canada - 196.7 kms (122.2 miles) WNW
- Dawson Creek, Bc, Canada - 343.7 kms (213.5 miles) W
- Grande Prairie, Ab, Canada - 260.7 kms (162 miles) W
- Edson, Ab, Canada - 219.6 kms (136.5 miles) SSW
- Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada - 267.8 kms (166.4 miles) NE
- Cold Lake, Ab, Canada - 303.6 kms (188.7 miles) ESE
- Edmonton Namao, Ab, Canada - 199.7 kms (124.1 miles) SSE
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - 207.9 kms (129.2 miles) SSE
- Vegreville, Ab, Canada - 263.8 kms (163.9 miles) SE
- Vermilion, Ab, Canada - 334.9 kms (208.1 miles) SE
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 233 kms (144.8 miles) SSE
- Jasper, Alberta, Canada - 307 kms (190.7 miles) SE
- Red Deer, Ab, Canada - 351.2 kms (218.2 miles) S
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 420 kms (261 miles) SSE