Slave Lake, Ab Climate & Temperature
- Slave Lake, Ab, Canada is at 55°17'N, 114°46'W, 583 m (1912 ft). See map.
- Slave Lake, Ab has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Slave Lake, Ab is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 1.5 degrees Celsius (34.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 30.3 °C (54.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -8.1°C (17.4°F) on average falling to -18.5°C (-1.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.6°C (47.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -3.7°C (25.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20.3°C (68.5°F) and average low temperatures are 8.8°C (47.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 7.3°C (45.1°F) during the day and lows of -2.9°C (26.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 496 mm (19.5 inches) which is equivalent to 496 Litres/m² (12.17 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Slave Lake, Ab you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Slave Lake, Ab Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Slave Lake, Ab Climate Graph in Metric Units
Slave Lake, Ab Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Slave Lake, Ab, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- High Level, Ab, Canada - 397.4 kms (246.9 miles) NNW
- Fort Vermilion, Alberta, Canada - 352.2 kms (218.9 miles) NNW
- Fort St John, Bc, Canada - 387.4 kms (240.7 miles) WNW
- Peace River, Ab, Canada - 196.7 kms (122.2 miles) WNW
- Dawson Creek, Bc, Canada - 343.7 kms (213.5 miles) W
- Grande Prairie, Ab, Canada - 260.7 kms (162 miles) W
- Edson, Ab, Canada - 219.6 kms (136.5 miles) SSW
- Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada - 267.8 kms (166.4 miles) NE
- Cold Lake, Ab, Canada - 303.6 kms (188.7 miles) ESE
- Edmonton Namao, Ab, Canada - 199.7 kms (124.1 miles) SSE
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - 207.9 kms (129.2 miles) SSE
- Vegreville, Ab, Canada - 263.8 kms (163.9 miles) SE
- Vermilion, Ab, Canada - 334.9 kms (208.1 miles) SE
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 233 kms (144.8 miles) SSE
- Jasper, Alberta, Canada - 307 kms (190.7 miles) SE
- Red Deer, Ab, Canada - 351.2 kms (218.2 miles) S
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 420 kms (261 miles) SSE